A Few Questions Before Purchase

A Few Questions Before Purchase

Postby wagtunes » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:22 pm

First off. I want to say that after programming synths for over 35 years, including modulars, I have never run into anything like this in my life. To say I am a bit lost would be an understatement. I've downloaded the demo and have played around with some of the "controls?" and have managed to come up with some interesting sounds, but all by trial and error and a little luck. In short, I really don't know what I'm doing beyond the volume envelope.

So a few questions before I purchase this. The answers to these questions will not influence my decision to purchase. That's a done deal. I just want to know what I'm up against before diving headlong into this thing.

1) Is there a manual for this beast? Please tell me there is. I can't imagine anyone short of a physicist figuring this thing out without one.

2) If there is no manual, is there any kind of in depth instruction anywhere on the Internet that goes over the entire synth in detail? If I have to watch videos I will. I just need to know where they are. Plus, any other instruction that's available, I'd appreciate being directed to.

3) I can see there are still some bugs with this since it is relatively new. If I purchase now (version 1.7) will I be receiving any bug fixes up to but not including version 2.0 for free? Most software is like this but I just wanted to make sure.

4) After purchase, are there any extras (additional patches, etc.) that can be downloaded? If not, no big deal. If so, could you point to where they are?

That's about it. I'd like to have these questions answered before I purchase, which I plan to do before January 1 so I can include this as a writeoff for next year's taxes as I do music for a living.

As for the sound of this thing, truly inspirational. Looking forward to really diving into it for some time. Would just like to have some clue as to what I'm doing.

Thanks.
wagtunes

Return to Cycle