Window close bug on OSx Yosemite

Window close bug on OSx Yosemite

Postby afta8 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Just bought this and enjoying it very much. However I get a bug when I try to close the plugin window. Instead of closing, the window remains open with just a blank white canvas, and I can't close the window. See this screenshot for an example:

This only happens on the VST version, the AU version works as expected. I have tested this in Ableton Live and Renoise and get the same issue in both hosts.

I'm running OSx Yosemite on a macbook pro
afta8

Re: Window close bug on OSx Yosemite

Postby Daven » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Glad you're enjoying the synth Afta, and thank you for the report, I'll check it out.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby afta8 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Its a great concept, I have always enjoyed making new sounds by drawing waveforms in the Renoise wave editor and Cycle just takes that to whole new dimension.

Anyway couple of other issues I have come up with on OSx:

1) Saving presets isn't possible in the default location, this is because the permissions aren't set properly on the Amaranth Audio folder that is placed in Documents. What I had to do was create a 'User' folder in there and make sure my user account had read/write permissions to it. I think this also affects the ability download presets because the user doesn't have the permission to write them to the default location.

2) In my attempts at trying to download presets in the preset browser (basically clicking everything) I clicked on the [X] next to the preset names and they were removed. How do I get these back? Is there a way to 'refresh' the available downloads list? Doing a fresh install didn't fix the issue.

Cheers!
afta8

Postby Daven » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:15 pm

1. You're right; I should have it fixed in a next build (a few days tops).

2. You can find the metadata file in ~/Library/Preferences/com.amaranthaudio.cycle.presets.xml

Open it in your preferred text editor, and there's an XML node that is named (something like) "Dismissed" - just remove all the children from that node, save the file, and restart Cycle.

Cheers :)
Daven
Site Admin

Postby afta8 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:29 pm

That worked, thanks.. I look forward to maybe submitting a few presets here once I get my head around everything :)
afta8

Return to Cycle