Tutorials

Tutorials

Postby DJunk » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey Daven don't give up on the Cycle Tutorials. :)

You still have various sections of the Manual/Tutorial to write up.

I guess it's a bit boring to write up, but it's crucial for us mere mortals to figure out what to do.

Looking forward to reading up on the Spectrum filter, Mesh selector etc.

Dunc 8-)
DJunk

Re: Tutorials

Postby Daven » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Hah, you got me. I was working on the fun stuff instead :) Tomorrow I'll revisit the tutorials.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby Naenyn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:09 am

This is a pretty amazing synth.. but it really makes my brain hurt! I hope you can continue the tutorial and perhaps add some tutorial videos with spoken explanations of how this all works. It definitely has a steep learning curve!

Keep up the great work. =]

-n
Naenyn

Postby Daven » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:19 am

Thank you Naenyn...

Please keep an eye on the youtube channel, videos will be posted there before I reference them on the website

http://www.youtube.com/user/amaranthaudio

I made a video yesterday you can check out.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby Naenyn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Daven,

Great video! That definitely helps me to understand the basics. I'm still not getting how the graphs are 3D. I hope you can explain that in a future video.

Cycle really hurts my brain. It makes me feel like I'm back i Calculus class. =] It is very interesting, though .. I'm really looking forward to seeing it evolve.

-n
Naenyn

Postby Daven » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 pm

I refer to them as 3D because they present 3 dimensions at once. Sort of like a how topo map represents a 3D terrain.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby Naenyn » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:48 am

Daven,

I know you've got a lot on your plate, but.. will you be writing a manual for Cycle? Or will the Tutorials section of the site serve as a manual?

-n
Naenyn

Postby Daven » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

My thoughts on traditional manuals are these
- a monolithic manual would be hard to update dynamically where a web based help is quite easy in comparison
- I'm not confident it's usually how people approach help, by reading a book, rather than searching the internet
- It's a little harder to design than web pages IMO due to space restrictions, and fewer multimedia options

So I intend to overhaul the online help in the Tutorial section. Honestly it was written in a rush for a reviewer to have something to go on; I haven't designed it out properly.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was keeping my head down sorting out some video editing stuff.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby Naenyn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:46 am

I understand your concerns about a manual. It would perhaps be a decent place to describe things for reference that won't be changing.. and would also be helpful for when the user doesn't have internet access at the moment but needs to look something up. That said, having a more dynamic web-based help system would be great, too. Pros and cons to each!

Regarding questions on usage, I have a ton of them... but I'm guessing a lot of them will be answered by the tutorials section that is a WIP. Should I save my questions for after the tutorial section is completed or go ahead and post them on the forums and you can just say, "Yep, coming in a tutorial" if that is applicable? =]

-n
Naenyn

Postby Daven » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:27 am

Ask away here and I'll get to it asap. The help will take time to rewrite ...

What I have planned for next video tutorials:

- Vertex Parameters/Deformers/Layers
- Workflow Overview
- Scratch Envelope Techniques
- Preset Design series
Daven
Site Admin

Next

Return to Cycle