Known bugs

Re: Known bugs

Postby makrotulpa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi there.
Looking at it again what I thought was a bug obviously isn't... the mouse pointer doesn't change over the words "Sine" and "Triangle" because there isn't a sub-menu and it all functions fine in the waveshape editor.

The Save dialog problem is happening in standalone and in Live 9 also - not just in Logic. If I hit save the message line displays "Please enter a name" but it won't let me. Am I doing something wrong?
][oyd
makrotulpa

Postby Daven » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:21 am

No you're not in error, it's probably a JUCE thing. I'll investigate when I get a moment.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby Naenyn » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:41 am

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere..

I've noticed that when I load up a song in Logic with some tracks containing Cycle, Cycle seems to forget what preset it was on. All of the settings for the sound are correct, but if you use the next/prev. preset buttons in Cycle (not Logic's), it starts scrolling through the presets from the beginning of the list instead of the one I had selected. Shouldn't it remember which preset was loaded?
Naenyn

Postby Naenyn » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 am

Found another problem related to Logic. I've got a pretty small project with a few instances of Cycle on it. If I open another project first, close it, and try opening the Cycle project, Logic freezes and has to be force-quit. If I open up the Cycle project with a fresh instance of Logic that hasn't opened anything else yet, it works fine. Pretty weird. I haven't been able to duplicate it with a different project containing Cycle. If I figure out more details, I'll post a followup. Let me know if you'd like access to the project that is causing the weirdness.

-n
Naenyn

Postby paternoster » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:50 am

in Addition an i hope this is the right post....

The VST 64 Plugin crashes sometimes under the latest nuendo Version, when changing from a simple preset to a complex preset Sound.

best,
paternoster

Postby Daven » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Thanks guys. Going to get back into fixing these now.
Daven
Site Admin

Postby Alexxx17 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi,
vst doesn't show up in plugin browser, while standalone works fine.
I'm running Cycle 1.8, Ableton Live 9, Windows XP SP3 x86
For me standalone is of no use. Is there anyway I can manage it working in DAW?

btw, Cycle is outstanding. Best spectral tool I'm aware of, though I've found it accidentaly. I suggest it needs stronger PR and marketing.
Alexxx17

Postby wagtunes » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:30 am

Hi Daven:

Purchased Cycle in December of 2014. It's been incredibly difficult for me to wrap my head around programming this but that I can live with. It's up to me to figure this out and I will because I just love the possibilities with this synth.

What I'm having a hard time living with, however, are the constant crashes. Now I just noticed today that there was an update on January 18. I've downloaded and installed it so I'm hoping it makes things more stable. Right now it crashes both Cubase 8 and MuLab 64 bit. I can reproduce the crashes with no problem. They occur once you start adding lots of points either to the waveform itself or the modulator. (I think that's what it's called, the section underneath the waveform.) Like I said, wrapping my head around this thing has been a real challenge and I've programmed modular synths with no problem. A manual would really be great. The inline tutorial is great, but something I can refer to while working on a patch would help a lot.

Anyway, I'm going to test out the January 18th update and see if things are at least a little more stable and will report back whatever I find.
wagtunes

Postby wagtunes » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 pm

I know it's been a long time since I last posted but I've given up on Cycle. Not because of the difficulty in programming but because it's no longer usable. It crashes Cubase constantly and won't even allow me to render to audio. I'd like to sell my license if possible. I wrote an email but am posting here just in case.

I had high hopes for this synth as it's the most unique thing out there but the instability is something I just can't live with anymore. Shame. This one had major potential. I own a lot of synths and have never sold one of them. But when you literally can't use something there's just no point in keeping on with it.

Please let me know if you have some kind of license transfer system and how it works.
wagtunes

Previous

Return to Cycle